le 19 September 2018
The T2C network, Clermont Auvergne Métropole and the city of Clermont-Ferrand, trust MyBus to deploy its solution in experimentation on the entire network. From 17 September, it will be available to buy tickets directly from its smartphone to travel in Clermont.
What is MyBus?
MyBus is an application developed by the company Monkey Factory, based in Clermont-Ferrand and Le Puy-en-Velay. Moreover, the start-up is accelerated within the Bivouac and awarded at the CES in Las Vegas 2018. That’s why, MyBus enjoys the support of many national and international actors.
The application facilitates the individual journey by public transport through 5 features:
- The m-Ticket: This is a dematerialized transport ticket. In fact, you just have to scan the QR-Code placed in the vehicle or on the bus station to validate it. In case of control, an interactive screen may be presented to the controller;
- The traveler information: the schedules of all the lines are available on the application and you can find the nearest bus station thanks to the geolocation ;
- Route calculation: it calculates the travel time between a point A to a point B and the most convenient way to get there;
- Real time: this feature allows you to see the location of your bus in real time on the network map (not available in Clermont-Ferrand for the moment);
- Community sharing: each user can share information about their journey (delay, lack of space, etc.).
What does it change for the Clermont’s inhabitants?
Some users have already experimented the application on 35 and 36 lines. Thanks to them, MyBus will launch its m-Ticketing solution on the entire network. So,to travel with your smartphone you will have to follow 4 steps:
- Download the app for free in the Apple Store and Google Play Store;
- Create a user account;
- Buy one or many tickets;
- Validate your title by flashing a QR-Code. These, are present in buses, in the tramway and at tram station.
At the moment, only single tickets, 10 tickets books and 24h solo tickets are available for purchase on the application.
For the occasion, MyBus offers a special promotion. Thanks to the mybust2c sponsorship code, the first 100 people to create an account on the application will benefit from 2 tickets offered, and the first 10 of a monthly subscription! For more details on this offer, see our article on the specials promotions.
To conclude, what is the principal impact for people from Clermont? In fact, they will take the public transports easily!
Press contact: Franck RAYNAUD – Mail: email@example.com